Why California Sub-Meters?
Services we offer that set us apart:
- Toll Free Number direct to one of our helpful and local Customer Service Representatives
- Your HOA community has an assigned specialist
- Collections Department with proven results
- We work directly with escrow to collect final bill and set-up new homeowners.
- Our meter readers are technically trained specialists
What is Sub-Metering?
Sub-metering is a term used for installing individual meters behind the city master meters. These meters are installed on each water line servicing the individual units. The water used is passed through the meter, which tracks the total water consumption for each unit.
Water Management can become uncontrollable due to increasing rates, combined with water-wasting leaks and excessive usage. Sub-metering is a solution to manage water and sewer costs for homeowners’ associations by offering equitable distribution of cost along with peace of mind to residents. You are paying only for the water you use and not your neighbors’ usage. Residents pay their water and sewer bill just as they pay other utilities.
Specializing in california communities since 1991
Water and sewage costs are growing at unprecedented rates. The price of wasting water is no longer something you can afford. It is time to change the equation. Recover your water and sewer costs now!
Learn more and save:
California Sub-Meters can do just that and more. Your community can experience the advantages of our residential Sub-Metering and utility billing services. From start to finish, California Sub-Meters will simplify the entire process and work hard to earn our reputation as California’s premier Sub-Metering company. Sign up today and save money.
Dear Valued Customer,
At this time, our reception area remains closed and will not be accepting walk-in payments. We encourage you to keep checking our website for updates.
Customer Service is currently available from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
Please see the alternative methods below to submit a payment:
1. Login to your Resident Portal account through www.calsubmeter.com and submit electronic payment with your Visa or MasterCard.
2. Contact the Billing Specialist located on your water statement via phone/e-mail OR contact Customer Service toll-free at 1-(800)-203-8653. (Delays and longer-than-usual wait times may occur)
3. Mail your payment to: California Sub-Meters, P.O. Box 611870, San Jose, CA 95161
All other inquiries can be directed to the Billing Specialist located on your statement or email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we commit to practicing both safety and service to our customers, vendor partners, employees, and community. We look forward to updating you again soon!
California Sub-Meters Management Team
Water Sub-Metering Specialists for HOAs
get to know us
Welcome to California Sub-Meters
Privately owned and operated since its founding in 1991, we specialize in water submetering. We have the experience, knowledge and expertise, to serve the special interests and needs of homeowners, associations and community managers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Sub-Metering is a term used for installing individual meters behind the city master meter. Sub-Meters are the same type of meters the city uses to measure water usage.
In the past, multi-family communities had one master city water meter which would service all residents. The water and sewer costs were simply included in the monthly homeowners dues and divided equally among the residents. This worked well when water/sewer rates were a fraction of what they are today and possible future water shortages was not a concerning issue.
- A solution to manage water and sewer costs for homeowners’ associations by offering equitable distribution of cost.
- Pay only for the water you use and not your neighbor’s laundry, car wash, toilet/faucet leaks, or excessive water use.
- Eliminates the residential water costs from the monthly homeowners’ dues which in turn can help to keep the dues low and improve property values.
- Residents pay their water/sewer bill just as they pay other utilities such as gas, electric, etc.
- Promotes water conservation. When residents are accountable for their water usage, they’ll conserve.
- Detect costly leaks. A leaky toilet can waste 50,000 gallons of water in 30 days! There is a red triangle on the face of the meter that moves when water is running through the meter.